The Leicestershire Academic Health Partnership (LAHP) is a collaboration between University of Leicester, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester Partnership NHS Trust, Leicester Integrated Care Board NHS Trust and Health Innovation East Midlands (formerly known as East Midlands Academic Health Science Network). Further information on the institution can be found here: https://le.ac.uk/ . The University of Leicester is the Data Controller for your personal information and is subject to the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Protection Officer is Parmjit Singh Gill, Data Protection Officer, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH. Email: [email protected]
The LAHP acknowledges that personal privacy is a very important issue. We support the protection of internet privacy as required under UK legislation. This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and your rights regarding that information.
What Information are we collecting?
The Data we will collect includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of submitting your contact details, completing application forms or requesting further information about our services.
- Information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type
- Details of your visits to our website and the pages and resources that you access.
Why are we collecting your data?
We collect data to better understand our website trends and performance, as well as to monitor our marketing efforts.
How we will use this data?
We use the collected data to help improve our website for the user, both in terms of content and to resolve any technical issues. For example, our reports can tell us if any pages on the website are taking too long to load.
If we are sharing your data with others, who are we sharing it with?
Visitors comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.,). Embedded content from other websites behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the website directly.
How long we will process your data for?
The primary Google Analytics cookie expires after 2 years.
Google Analytics also install secondary cookies which expire as soon as your website visit has ended.
What are your rights and how to enforce them?
Web browsers are usually set to accept all cookies automatically, but you can modify your browser to decline or query cookies – you can learn how to control and disable cookies for your particular browser by visiting the Cookies and You website. Additionally, you can use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, so you are not tracked into Google Analytics.
In respect of our legal basis of Leicestershire Academic Health Partners you have the following additional rights:
- The right to be informed – which is met by providing you with this notice
- The right to erasure of your data – the right to be forgotten
- The right of rectification – you can ask us to correct inaccurate data
- The right to object to processing of your data including direct marketing, automated decision making and profiling
- The right to restrict processing – you can ask us not to process any data that is inaccurate
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the University’s Information Assurance Service by email [email protected] and Leicestershire Academic Health Partners directly [email protected]
How to Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office?
The Information Commissioner can be contacted by:
- Post: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 0303 123 1113
- Website: contact can be made by accessing www.ico.org.uk