Our Academic Themes bring together individuals from different disciplines to address important local health and health service delivery issues.
- Better integrate research with healthcare delivery, through focussed Academic Themes, which will work on key questions that address local healthcare needs
- Support areas of academic strength to influence healthcare locally, nationally and internationally
- Use academic excellence to develop the current and future health care workforce, through integrated professional development programmes and talent management across LLR – creating the right skills, at the right time, for the right people
- Increase inward investment for health and care research
- Improve the quality of care consistently across healthcare organisations through integrated quality improvement strategies
- Drive innovation in the local and regional health and life sciences economy, by working with the Midlands Engine, Midlands Health Alliance, Academic Health Sciences Network and industrial partners