We are a partnership between the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, University of Leicester, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, NHS Integrated Care Board and Health Innovation East Midlands (formerly known as East Midlands AHSN). We aim to harness our collective clinical and academic excellence to accelerate the translation of cutting-edge research into healthcare innovations to improve the health and well-being of the people of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR).
We will do this by:
- Better integrating research with healthcare delivery, through focussed Academic Themes, which will work on key questions that address local healthcare needs
- Building on areas of academic excellence to improve healthcare locally, nationally and internationally
- Delivering integrated professional development programmes and talent management across LLR for current and future health care workforce – providing the right skills for the right people at the right time
- Increasing funding and support for health and care research
- Improving the quality of care consistently across healthcare organisations through integrated quality improvement strategies
- Supporting the regional health and life sciences economy through innovation in conjunction with the Midlands Engine, Midlands Health Alliance, Academic Health Sciences Network and our industrial partners
Who we work with:
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) in Leicester
The NIHR is the nation’s largest funder of health research. Through our universities, hospitals, and healthcare providers, Leicester hosts key NIHR infrastructure, as well as attracting millions in NIHR grant funding every year. Leicester hosts…
Centre for BME Health – Centre for Ethnic Health Research
Click on the links above to find out more about each part of Leicester’s NIHR infrastructure.
Health Research Institutes and Units in Leicester
Leicester has a rich and diverse portfolio of health research institutes, centres, units and networks. These include:
BHF-NIHR Cardiovascular Research Centre
John Walls Renal Research Unit
Leicester Life Sciences Accelerator
By bringing the best people together, our collective expertise will work in new and collaborative ways to generate significant improvements in health outcomes for the benefit of our city and counties. However, we won’t stop there, as our work is likely to have a positive impact at national and international level.